Travel Insurance at great rates and you'll be helping people in need at no extra cost to you. Click here to find out more

Medical Assistance  

For policies purchased through Travel and Insure

If you purchased your travel insurance throught Travel and Insure, please check your travel insurance documents to see who provided your travel insurance and then select the correct provider below:

For Allianz Global Assistance B2C medical assistance

From outside your home country phone: +44 20 8686 1666, Textphone +44 20 8666 9562, Fax +44 20 8603 0204

From within your home country phone: 020 8686 1666, Textphone 020 8666 9562, Fax 020 8603 0204


For PJ Hayman & Company Limited Free Spirit medical assistance

When contacting Free Spirit Emergency Assistance Service please state that you are insured under Free Spirit travel insurance.

By telephone: +44 (0) 845 260 1549 or +44 (0) 292 047 4136 if you experience any difficulty in reaching their Free Spirit Emergency Assistance Service.

For MTGY Gap Year medical assistance 

 Phone +44 (0)845 180 0067 and please quote the  reference MPUK47/13. Contacting the Assistance Company does not remove your requirement to complete a claim form.

Reciprocal Health Agreements

European Union, European Economic Area and Switzerland.

If you are a European Community resident, you are entitled to health care through the public system in countries of the European union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland if you become ill or injured while on a temporary stay there. We strongly recommend you apply for and obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) for yourself and/or family and make sure that any medical treatment is provided at hospitals or by doctors working within the terms of the reciprocal health care agreement, unless we agree otherwise. If you are admitted to a private clinic, you may be transferred to a public hospital as soon as the transfer can be arranged safely.


If you require medical treatment in Australia, you must enrol with a local MEDICARE office. You do not need to enrol on arrival but you must do this after the first occasion you receive treatment. In-patient and out-patient treatment at a public hospital is then available free of charge. Details of how to enrol and free treatment available can be found in the Health advice for Travellers booklet available from your local Post Office.

Other Products

Airport Lounges Airport Parking Airport Hotels Car Hire